BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

A horse-filled visit

Last week my mom came down to visit for a few days. She hadn't been down to visit for over a year and it was her birthday, so we took the opportunity to celebrate in a couple different ways. First of all, my mom is a horse fanatic, so what better way to celebrate than 1) watch the horse races and 2) go horseback riding, which we did! Unfortunately, Noah had to work both days my mom was visiting, so he couldn't join us on our outings (or maybe fortunately for him because he's not a big fan of horses.) :)


The horse races at Del Mar were pretty exciting. This was my first time going to any type of horse races and there's a whole horse-racing culture that I didn't even know existed. I tried my hand at betting on one race and my horse actually came in first! My total profit came to a whopping $2.20.


Horseback riding was also quite an adventure. We went out of a place in the South Bay and got to take our horses along Imperial Beach. We actually rode right up to the CA/Mexico border fence. Also, along the ride back to the stables, my horse stopped on the trail and decided to sit down! It was quite startling because I thought for sure she was going to start rolling around in the dirt, which would not have been good with me sitting on her back. Just as the guide was about to tell me to jump off, she quickly got back up and we were on our way. Phew!


Overall, my mom and I had a great few days together during her visit to San Diego! Pictures are included below...


Mom and daughter at the Del Mare race track


And they're off...

Crossing the finish line


My winning horse

The scoreboard showing my winnings

On the trail to the beach

Approaching Imperial Beach

The border fence with Mexico in the background

The end of the trail. This isn't the most flattering picture, but after 3 hours on a horse, our butts, knees, legs, and backs were aching and we were ready to get back on the ground!

1 comments:

EP said...

That sounds like alot of fun! :) I love horse-back riding, and the races are so exciting!!

Elizabeth